Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation making in-person meetings impractical, we will be holding our first virtual public meeting via Zoom at 7pm on Wednesday 6th May 2020.
Members of the Tiree public are welcome to attend, and may do so using an internet connected PC, tablet or smartphone using the link below. Alternatively, if this is not an option, you can join via telephone. Please be advised that in order to keep the meeting running smoothly and accessibly for all participants we ask members of the public to wait until appropriate moments to ask questions or offer contributions and using the mute function at other times.
Details to connect to the meeting:
Phyl Meyer is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Tiree Community Council meeting – May
Time: May 6, 2020 07:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting (use this link to connect from your computer or smartphone)
Meeting ID: 874 5211 4397
One tap mobile
+441314601196,,87452114397# United Kingdom
Dial in: Use a number below and the Meeting ID to connect by telephone – NOTE: This will incur call charges based on your usual rate for calling landline numbers
0131 460 1196 United Kingdom
0203 051 2874 United Kingdom
0203 481 5237 United Kingdom
Meeting ID: 874 5211 4397
The meeting agenda shall be as follows, any additional papers will be posted below:
- Minutes of last meetings
- Reports on the island’s response to coronavirus and the lockdown
- Report by one of the doctors
- Transport links: Including a CalMac update on ferry services
- Summer 2020: releasing the lockdown on Tiree?
Tiree Community Council Police report 06.05.20
Tiree Community Council
AGENDA of PUBLIC MEETING
Wednesday 4 March 2020 7.30 pm
Large Hall, An Talla
2. Declarations of interest
3. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising: roads leaflet; internet banking; patient travel; presentation by medical staff; amendment to Tiree Transport Forum minutes; erosion on Hynish road
4. Correspondence: parking and traffic flows at the pier; dialogue with Joe Reade from Mull and Iona Ferry Users’ group; Tiree Community Council report to Tiree Transport Forum; progress report on linkspan replacement work; Tiree Airport runway closure; VE Day celebration
5. Report on the changes to MacLennan Motors and fuel pump operation by Catriona MacLennan
6. Land Below the Waves parliamentary reception: update
7. Constitutional position of the Tiree Transport Forum
8. Tiree planning applications in An Tirisdeach
9. Phone box project update
10. Toilets project update
11. Administration: appointment of new administrator; new actions database
13. Date of next meeting: date of AGM and accounting year
Downloadable Word (.doc) version: TCC Agenda 04.03.20
Most of you will remember the Island Futures Charrette workshops that took place last year, facilitated by Ironside Farrar Ltd. A variety of public meetings and workshops were carried out and attended by the community who were encouraged to input into the process.
The results from the Charrette were presented to The Trust in the form of a Socio-Economic Baseline Study and a Strategy Report. In October of 2016, Tiree Trust held a public meeting to present the key information collated from the reports. Unfortunately, this meeting wasn’t well attended and it was felt that we should re arrange the meeting in order to give the community another chance to learn about the key results from the Charrette process and what the ‘next steps’ would be in relation to the recommendations.
The second public meeting will be taking place on Wednesday the 22nd of March at 7:30pm in An Talla and we would urge as many people as possible to come along.
You can find out more at http://www.tireetrust.org.uk/charrette-outcomes-public-meeting/