TIREE COMMUNITY COUNCIL
JANUARY 2024 PUBLIC MEETING
17 January 2024 7pm
by Zoom and on TCC Facebook
Join Zoom Meeting
If you need to join by dialling in:
• +44 131 460 1196 United Kingdom
Meeting ID: 891 1307 5106
- Declarations of interest
- Minutes of last meeting
- Matters arising: including steps at the Soroby graveyard; Community Emergency Plan; Scottish Water request for report; re-instatement of a bin at the pier
- Correspondence: police report; Forum of A&BC community councils; Oban Harbour Revision Order; local recruitment to help the housing shortage
- Meeting reports: Ring n Ride meeting with Argyll and Bute Council (A&BC); Mull CC; Coll CC; Government review of the Community Empowerment Act and Participation Requests
- A&BC Councillor reports
- Recycling: to bag or not to bag?
- Estate shooting parties
- Airport Consultative meeting regarding the Oban air link
- Tiree phone boxes: should we remove the boxes that have not been claimed?
- Scarinish retail park fence: do we need to find another way to rebuild this?
- Planning applications for the month
- Date and location of February public meeting
Minutes of the previous meeting: Minutes of TCC November 2023
Guidance on joining the meeting by Zoom:
You can choose how you view the meeting using the app if joining via the internet – “Gallery view” shows you multiple participants
Please note that by default you will join the meeting muted (i.e. you will not be sending sound out to the rest of the participants) – please leave yourself muted unless you need to speak, and when invited to do so by the chair, and remember to re-mute afterwards. This is needed to ensure that the call is not made very difficult to follow by background noise from multiple people, which can be extremely disruptive to the call.
We suggest that members of the public not enable their camera, unless wishing to be seen when making a contribution to the meeting. This saves bandwidth and reduces the size of the recording for the minutes. Please note that our meetings may also be streamed to our Facebook page, where they may remain and be viewed after the meeting has ended.
If joining on a PC, tablet or other device, please set your screen name to a recognisable form of your actual name so that other participants know who you are – this is required if you wish to participate via either speaking or using the text chat.
The mute and unmute button is in the lower left, and looks like a microphone, next to the button for switching your webcam on/off.
If you are using a telephone to dial in, the mute and unmute command can be given by typing on your handset: *6
Requesting to speak:
If joining by computer, you can find a button to “Raise your hand” to ask to speak under the “Participants” menu, accessed by pressing the Participants button (looks like a human figure, in the middle of the bottom part of the window). You can also use the chat function to make a comment or to ask to speak on a point.
You can “raise your hand” to ask to speak if phoning in by using the code: *9
As ever if you have questions or if there is anything we can do to help you take part in the meeting accessibly, please let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org