The next public meeting of Tiree Community Council will be on Wednesday 8th September at 7pm, via Zoom.
- Declarations of interest
- Minutes of last meeting and matters arising: including recent pressures on ferry capacity
- Guest Speaker: Don McKillop, Area Operations Manager at Calmac for Argyll and Lochaber. Questions are being gathered in advance here
- Correspondence: including Baugh public phone box repair; dog waste bins; the future of the Hynish Centre; Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in June 2022; consultation on offshore wind; poor broadband speeds during the summer season; consultation on licensing short-term lets; Scottish Water’s plans to encourage careful water use
- Reports of meetings: including Mull Community Council
- Resignation of councillors and discussion of options for co-option process to fill the three vacancies
- Tiree Community Council Planning Policy: approval of final draft
- Erosion: presentation of the findings of Dynamic Coast as they apply to Tiree, showing the loss of several sections of roads over the next thirty years
- Tiree community wind turbine (‘Tilley’): update on repairs in progress
- Planning applications, including discussion of an application for ‘The Bothy’ in Balemartine – reference 21/01186/PP,
- Should Tiree Community Council re-start face-to-face meetings, or continue with Zoom. Gaelic translation of meetings
- Vote of thanks to the Coop for protecting the island’s supplies
- Date of next meeting
TCC-Planning-Policy-Final-Draft – for approval vote
Minutes of the August meeting were not available until too close to the meeting to be formally considered and will be brought to our next meeting for approval with amendments.
Meeting joining instructions:
Please note: our meetings are recorded for the purpose of minute taking. If you do not wish your camera feed to be recorded, please do not enable your camera. Keeping it off rather than on but covered over also helps reduce internet load for participants.
Join Zoom Meeting online by PC or smart device:
Topic: Tiree Community Council September 2021
Time: Sep 8, 2021 07:00 PM London
Dial in on phone:
0131 460 1196 United Kingdom
Meeting ID: 818 1565 7878
Find your local number to dial in from if not in UK: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcM2zZ5zxB
Guidance on joining the meeting:
You can choose how you view the meeting using the app if joining via the internet – “Gallery view” shows you multiple participants
Please note that by default you will join the meeting muted (i.e. you will not be sending sound out to the rest of the participants) – please leave yourself muted unless you need to speak, and when invited to do so by the chair, and remember to re-mute afterwards. This is needed to ensure that the call is not made very difficult to follow by background noise from multiple people, which can be extremely disruptive to the call.
If joining on a PC, tablet or other device, please set your screen name to a recognisable form of your actual name so that other participants know who you are.
The mute and unmute button is in the lower left, and looks like a microphone, next to the button for switching your webcam on/off.
If you are using a telephone to dial in, the mute and unmute command can be given by typing on your handset:
If joining by computer, you can find a button to “Raise your hand” to ask to speak under the “Participants” menu, accessed by pressing the Participants button (looks like a human figure, in the middle of the bottom part of the window). You can also use the chat function to make a comment or to ask to speak on a point.
You can “raise your hand” to ask to speak if phoning in by using the code:
As ever if you have questions or if there is anything we can do to help you take part in the meeting accessibly, please let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org