With huge apologies, these ended up being extremely late due to technical difficulties involving our new setup for handling minutes, and then the considerable distraction of the the COVID-19 situation.
These are draft until discussion and further ratification.
TCC Minutes 4th March 2020 Draft
Tiree Community Council
AGENDA of PUBLIC MEETING
Wednesday 4 March 2020 7.30 pm
Large Hall, An Talla
2. Declarations of interest
3. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising: roads leaflet; internet banking; patient travel; presentation by medical staff; amendment to Tiree Transport Forum minutes; erosion on Hynish road
4. Correspondence: parking and traffic flows at the pier; dialogue with Joe Reade from Mull and Iona Ferry Users’ group; Tiree Community Council report to Tiree Transport Forum; progress report on linkspan replacement work; Tiree Airport runway closure; VE Day celebration
5. Report on the changes to MacLennan Motors and fuel pump operation by Catriona MacLennan
6. Land Below the Waves parliamentary reception: update
7. Constitutional position of the Tiree Transport Forum
8. Tiree planning applications in An Tirisdeach
9. Phone box project update
10. Toilets project update
11. Administration: appointment of new administrator; new actions database
13. Date of next meeting: date of AGM and accounting year
Downloadable Word (.doc) version: TCC Agenda 04.03.20
Here below are the minutes of the February 2020 meeting which took place on Wednesday 5th February 2020. These are now ratified as of the March 4th meeting.
A meeting took place of the Tiree Transport Forum on Jan 17th 2020, the minutes for which are linked below. Key items for discussion included the coming Link Span replacement and wider ferry issues, and scheduling of flights:
Transport Forum Meeting Minutes Jan 20
The next meeting of the TCC shall be held on Wednesday 5th February from 7:30pm, at An Talla. We hope to see lots of you there. Please let the TCC Secretary know if there is anything we can do that would help you attend or participate fully at firstname.lastname@example.org
The agenda is linked below:
Agenda TCC February 2020
Tonight the Community Council agreed there is a need to set up a working group that takes a longer term view about the future of the island, in particular issues relating to the changing climate and sea levels, and the impacts that scientists are warning we should now expect to face.
Tiree, as a particular low-lying island, is likely to be among the most deeply affected parts of Scotland. Recently published estimates for the range of possible change in sea level we could see within the century make for sobering reading, especially when the effects of coastline erosion in light of increasingly stormy weather is taken into account.
Transition away from fossil fuels is likely to need to be greatly accelerated, and it will be vital to our island’s future that our infrastructure is prepared for that, and that local businesses are supported.
If you are interested in taking part in this group and beginning a discussion about these issues and what we might be asking be done in preparation – please get in touch with TCC member Phyl Meyer by e-mail at email@example.com
The next meeting of the Community Council shall be held at An Talla on Wednesday 11th December starting at 7:30pm.
All members of the community are welcome. If there are any accessibility requests which it would be helpful for us to be aware of please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
The agenda is as follows:
1. Proposal of Ian Gillies as co-opted councillor
2. Conflicts of Interest
3. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising: including Scarinish public toilets update
5. Recent changes to the administration of Highlands and Islands Patient Travel Scheme
6. Streaming of TCC public meetings online
7. Secretarial position
8. Linkspan update and ferry timetables
9. Visit from Joe Reade from Mull and Iona Ferries Group
10. ‘Land Below the Waves’: reception in Scottish Parliament in March: a progress report
11. Report of Scottish land Commission meeting, and possible invitation to Hugh Nicol, factor of Argyll Estates to February’s public meeting
12. Working party on a possible Tiree Food Bank
13. Date of next meeting: possibly February
<a href=”http://tireecommunitycouncil.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Agenda-december2019.docx”>Agenda december2019</a>
TCC along with TTF met Robbie Drummond CEO of CalMac on Wed 19th June to discuss the issues raised in TCC’s submission to the CalMac Community Board viz a viz unreliability.
This co-incided with other island ferry groups making similar submissions, as a consequence of which CalMac had decided to embark on this road-show presentation
Oban-CollTiree_Weather Cancellations_June 2019
TCC was not being psychotic .Tiree had experienced a rise from 9.7% to 16.2% in winter cancellation compared to last year , but this similar to winter cancellation rate for the 3 yrs 2013-2016 .
The reason given was ‘ increased frequency of inclement weather ‘
Calmac’s presentation was buttressed by several factors, one of which was the increased threat of the criminalisation of seafarers. This requires further scrutiny .
We will keep you informed