Our first meeting of 2021 will take place on Wednesday 13th Jan at 7pm via Zoom.
1. Welcome: use of, and rules around, the chat function at Zoom meetings of Tiree Community Council
3. Declarations of interest
4. Minutes of the last meeting and matters arising: Boundary Commission submission and proposed meeting with the Commission; current planning applications; reducing domestic water consumption; Islands Act and use of the new Island Community Impact Statements (ICIA) as a tool for island groups, replacing our email system
5. Correspondence: clothes project with a student from the Glasgow School of Art; vacancy on CalMac Community Board; the need for a new refuse collection vehicle; the effect of Marine Protected Area status on the island’s fishing fleet
6. Factor Hugh Nicol: the extraction of sand and gravel from beaches; vehicular access to beaches; land for social housing; pier area design; re-starting of Access Group?
7. Pier marshalling area: the need for better layout
8. New Covid regulations, including travel to and from the island
9. Tiree Community Council website and Facebook page policies
10. Expanding the role of Gaelic in Tiree Community Council business: possible bi-lingual minutes, website and simultaneous translation of public Council meetings
11. Fuel poverty on Tiree
12. Report from Tiree Community Council planning sub-committee
13. AOCB: a chance for the public to raise matters that they want the Council to consider
Draft minutes of last meeting: DRAFT-COMMUNITY-COUNCIL-MINUTES-DECEMBER-2020
Meeting ID: 846 2007 4611
Dial in from UK:
+44 203 051 2874 United Kingdom
+44 131 460 1196 United Kingdom
Meeting ID: 846 2007 4611
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/k7QiR4DVU
Guidance on joining the meeting:
Please note that by default you will join the meeting muted (i.e. you will not be sending sound out to the rest of the participants) – please leave yourself muted unless you need to speak, and when invited to do so by the chair, and remember to re-mute afterwards. This is needed to ensure that the call is not made very difficult to follow by background noise from multiple people, which can be extremely disruptive to the call.
If joining by computer, you can find a button to “Raise your hand” to ask to speak under the “Participants” menu, accessed by pressing the Participants button (looks like a human figure, in the middle of the bottom part of the window). You can also use the chat function to make a comment or to ask to speak on a point.
The mute and unmute button is in the lower left, and looks like a microphone, next to the button for switching your webcam on/off.
If you are using a telephone to dial in, the mute and unmute command can be given by typing:
You can also “raise your hand” to ask to speak using:
As ever if you have questions or if there is anything we can do to help you take part in the meeting accessibly, please let us know by e-mailing email@example.com