We will be holding another public meeting via Zoom video/teleconference on Wednesday 3rd June 2020 starting at 7pm. The agenda and joining instructions follow below:
- Declaration of conflicts of interest
- Minutes of last TCC public meeting and matters arising
- Correspondence: including new guidance for community councils while social distancing remains in place; co-option of new members; police report; enquiries from people moving to Tiree
- Summer ferry timetable: we will be joined from Mull by Elizabeth Ferguson, CalMac Community Board member
- Possible priority given to islanders travelling on the ferry during the summer
- The role of TCC in planning and managing the phased exit from lockdown on Tiree, including advice to those travelling to Tiree more generally
- TCC’s role in planning visits to the island by key workers; those moving to the island
- Review of teleconferencing as a tool for public meetings
- Date of the next TCC public meeting
The draft minutes of the previous meeting: Tiree Community Council Minutes 6th May 2020
Following the last meeting there was a question about the numbers of passengers and vehicles travelling to and from the island. Don McKillop of Calmac has kindly agreed to share with us the figures for this and agreed to their publication here – please note they are unaudited and may therefore have minor inaccuracies, but they are fairly illustrative of the extremely low number of passengers.
Zoom meeting joining instructions:
Dial in number: 0131 460 1196
Meeting ID: 851 0135 6328
Please note that by default you will join the meeting muted (i.e. you will not be sending sound out to the rest of the participants) – please leave yourself muted unless you need to speak, and when invited to do so by the chair, and remember to re-mute afterwards. This is needed to ensure that the call is not made very difficult to follow by background noise from multiple people, which can be extremely disruptive to the call.
If joining by computer, you can find a button to “Raise your hand” to ask to speak under the “Participants” menu, accessed by pressing the Participants button (looks like a human figure, in the middle of the bottom part of the window).
The mute and unmute button is in the lower left, and looks like a microphone, next to the button for switching your webcam on/off.
If you are using a telephone to dial in, the mute and unmute command can be given by typing:
You can also “raise your hand” to ask to speak using:
As ever if you have questions or if there is anything we can do to help you take part in the meeting accessibly, please let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org