Our May 2021 meeting will take place on Wednesday 12th May at 7pm via Zoom
3. Declaration of interest
4. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising: including updates on damage to An Turas; Scarinish Pier; High telecare costs in Argyll and Bute; distribution of the new Tiree driving leaflet and sign; the vacancy for Tiree Dentist; Tiree Parent-Teacher Council; and result of Cycle repair stands pre-planning advice
5. Correspondence: including a suggestion about the ferry timetable, and the Police report: Tiree Community Council Police report 12.05.21
6. Meetings attended: Visit Scotland, Mull Community Council
7. Redevelopment of the Gott Bay pier marshalling area: progress report, including a report on the recent Gott Bay Harbour Users Group meeting
8. Planning policy: agreeing publication of our draft TCC Planning Policy, and a schedule for consultation on it
9. Transport: updates on the ferry and air service and the next meeting of the Tiree Transport Forum
10. Community garden: progress report
11. AOCB: a chance for members of the public to raise matters that are not on the agenda
Draft minutes of the previous meeting: DRAFT-COMMUNITY-COUNCIL-MINUTES-APR
Meeting joining instructions:
Please note: our meetings are recorded for the purpose of minute taking. If you do not wish your camera feed to be recorded, please do not enable your camera, switch it off using the Camera button on the app, rather than covering it – this helps reduce internet load for participants.
Join Zoom Meeting online by PC or smart device:
Meeting ID: 835 4682 1092
Dial in by telephone from UK:
0131 460 1196 United Kingdom
Meeting ID: 835 4682 1092
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcM2zZ5zxB
Guidance on joining the meeting:
You can choose how you view the meeting using the app if joining via the internet – “Gallery view” shows you multiple participants
Please note that by default you will join the meeting muted (i.e. you will not be sending sound out to the rest of the participants) – please leave yourself muted unless you need to speak, and when invited to do so by the chair, and remember to re-mute afterwards. This is needed to ensure that the call is not made very difficult to follow by background noise from multiple people, which can be extremely disruptive to the call.
The mute and unmute button is in the lower left, and looks like a microphone, next to the button for switching your webcam on/off.
If you are using a telephone to dial in, the mute and unmute command can be given by typing on your handset:
If joining by computer, you can find a button to “Raise your hand” to ask to speak under the “Participants” menu, accessed by pressing the Participants button (looks like a human figure, in the middle of the bottom part of the window). You can also use the chat function to make a comment or to ask to speak on a point.
You can “raise your hand” to ask to speak if phoning in by using the code:
As ever if you have questions or if there is anything we can do to help you take part in the meeting accessibly, please let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org