Inaugural Meeting of the Tiree Community Council held in An Talla Centre on Monday 19th December @ 2pm
Present: Jacqueline Bennett, John Holliday , Phyl Meyer, Shona Barton (on behalf of the Returning Officer)
One member off the public attended
- Shona Barton, on behalf of the Returning Officer, welcomed all to the meeting.
- An apology for absence were received from Tim Arkless.
- There were no declarations of interest.
- It was agreed to appoint Phyl Meyer as Convener of the Community Council.
- It was agreed to continue the appointment of a Vice Convener.
- It was agreed to appoint John Holliday as Secretary.
- It was agreed to appoint Jacqueline Bennett as Treasurer.
- It was agreed to continue the appointments of specialist administrators.
- The community council considered and adopted the Model Constitution.
- The community council considered and adopted the Model Standing Orders.
- The community council considered and adopted the Best Practice Agreement.
- Shona Barton highlighted a range of governance issues including timescales for issue of agenda and minutes; the co-option process; forming committees; information on complaints processes and the process sanctions; Data Protection and training opportunities
It was noted that any policies which had been agreed by the previous Community Council would still remain valid until such times as they are reviewed by the new Community Council.
13. The date of the next meeting will be on Wednesday 11th January 2023 at 7pm via Zoom and thereafter meetings would be held monthly on the 2nd Wednesday of the month (with the exception of January and July).